Domaine Fouassier 2014 Sancerre Rouge, Loire Valley
Domaine Fouassier 2014 Sancerre Rouge, Loire Valley

Domaine Fouassier 2014 Sancerre Rouge, Loire Valley

$24.99

Enticing, light and flavorful with aromas of dried cherries and currents with black tea, baking spice, forest floor notes. On the palate, ripe raspberries, sandalwood, spices, cedar and minerals. Pair with salmon, roast chicken, mushrooms.

+ -
Add to cart
Article number: 642917000065
Availability: In stock

Domaine Foussier was established in 1749 in the heart of Sancerre in the Loire Valley of France. It is one of the oldest winemaking families in the Loire, and are dedicated to preserving and capturing the terroir and nuances of the Sauvignon Blanc grown here. They produce a range of wines.

The 10th generation of the family took over in 2000, and as of 2011, successfully converted to organic and biodynamic winemaking. The estate is now 56 hectares in size, 80% of which is planted to Sauvignon Blanc, the remaining 20% to Pinot Noir. They are the largest landowners in the Sancerre appellation. The vines range in age from 10-50 years of age, planted at various elevations, with the highest at 300 meters above sea level, with primarily southeast exposures. Soils are complex mixes of calcareous clays and limestone on Kimmeridgian marls with some flint and stones. This wine is fermented in stainless steel and spends some time in oak.

Enticing, light and flavorful with aromas of dried cherries and currents with black tea, baking spice, forest floor notes. On the palate, ripe raspberries, sandalwood, spices, cedar and minerals. Pair with salmon, roast chicken, mushrooms.

0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add to wishlist / Add to comparison

The Wine Country

  • Southern California's Favorite Destination for Fine Wine, Artisan Spirits, Craft Beer, Gourmet Foods, Wine Accessories & Gift Baskets
  • (562)-597-8303
Copyright 2018 The Wine Country
Credit Card