Francois Rousset-Martin 2017 Cotes du Jura Rouge "PP Andre"
Francois Rousset-Martin 2017 Cotes du Jura Rouge "PP Andre"

Francois Rousset-Martin 2017 Cotes du Jura Rouge "PP Andre"

$41.99

Classic Jura Rouge here. Lean body, exotic fruit, tart red cherries, pomegranate, touch of earth and plenty of zip on the finish. This wine is made from equal parts Poulsard and Pinot Noir. Pair with mushroom dishes, roasted poultry and game birds, truffl

+ -
Add to cart

Classic Jura Rouge here. Lean body, exotic fruit, tart red cherries, pomegranate, touch of earth and plenty of zip on the finish. This wine is made from equal parts Poulsard and Pinot Noir. Pair with mushroom dishes, roasted poultry and game birds, truffle cheeses.

François Rousset-Martin has a personal goal: to better know and understand his amazing vineyard terroirs. His latest project is located near the Jura town of Baume-les Messieurs. This site holds great potential once his vines fully mature. His current work is primarily focused on making non-traditional wines within the distinctive Château Chalon appellation. These are labeled as Côtes du Jura as he makes them in a non-oxidative (ouillé or topped-up) style. Martin vinifies by climat, using very little to no sulfur, and bottles them unfined and unfiltered. These so-called Rousset wines are complex and persistent, falling somewhere along the spectrum of floral and delicate, yet exotic and savory.

Martin grows both white and red grapes and has 9 hectares of vineyards: Pinot Noir is 60% of the red vineyard area with Poulsard the remaining 40%. Of the white vineyard area, Savignan is 75%, and Chardonnay the remaining 25%.

0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add to wishlist / Add to comparison

The Wine Country

  • Southern California's Favorite Destination for Fine Wine, Artisan Spirits, Craft Beer, Gourmet Foods, Wine Accessories & Gift Baskets
  • (562)-597-8303
Copyright 2020 The Wine Country
Credit Card