Lieu Dit 2018 Chenin Blanc, Santa Ynez Valley
A combination of tank and barrel fermentation was used to produce our Chenin Blanc. The wine then spent seven months in neutral French oak and was racked to stainless steel prior to bottling.
Once pressed, the juice is then tank fermented using only native yeast. The wine overwinters in neutral oak barrels, building complexity, definition and verve. In the spring, the wine is racked back to a stainless tank prior to bottling, resulting in a fresh, mouthwatering wine.
- 100% Chenin Blanc
- Sourced from Happy Canyon Vineyard and Jurassic Park Vineyard in Santa Ynez Valley
- 300-1,100 ft elevation
- Farmed organically and sustainably
- Clay loam, limestone laden sandy soils
- Native yeast fermentation in stainless steel tank and neutral oak barrel
- Aged in neutral oak during the winter and racked into stainless steel in the spring