Ostatu 2015 Rioja Crianza, Spain
Ostatu 2015 Rioja Crianza, Spain

Ostatu 2015 Rioja Crianza, Spain

$21.99

A ripe and juicy Tempranillo! Loaded with body and ripe, juicy red fruits, hints of spice and oak, a definite crowd pleaser. Pair with roast and baked chicken dishes, pastas in cream sauces, bean or chick pea casseroles and soups.

+ -
Add to cart

Ostatu winery is located in the heart of the Rioja Alavesa subregion of Rioja, near the town of Samaniego. The Saenz family has been in this area for many years, with the winery itself dating back 250 years. The Sierra de Cantabria mountain range protects the vineyards from strong winds and coastal influences. Soils are chalk and clay with vines averaging over 50 years in age.

A consulting winemaker from Chateau Angelus in St. Emilion, Bordeaux, advised to eliminate the previous carbonic maceration winemaking process with traditional fermentation, enabling the wines to realize their full potential.

This wine is a blend of 90% Tempranillo with the remaining 10% a mix of Garnacha, Graciano, Mazuelo. Grapes are fermented on their lees in small, stainless steel tanks and aged 12 months in 225-liter French oak barrels. Loaded with body and ripe, juicy red fruits, hints of spice and oak, a definite crowd pleaser. Pair with roast and baked chicken dishes, pastas in cream sauces, bean or chick pea casseroles and soups.

0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add to wishlist / Add to comparison

The Wine Country

  • Southern California's Favorite Destination for Fine Wine, Artisan Spirits, Craft Beer, Gourmet Foods, Wine Accessories & Gift Baskets
  • (562)-597-8303
Copyright 2019 The Wine Country
Credit Card