Non Certified Organic
|Unit price:||$0.00 /|
One of top selling grower Champagnes for over 5 years now. Pretty easy to see why! Grand Cru, Pinot Noir rich Champagne of this quality for $40?! Rather insane value to say the least. 70% Pinot Noir and 30% Chardonnay this is not one of those delicate and lacy types of Champagne. No, this is a lusty, mouth filling, palate coating bubbly wine! Powerful. Explosive. Sexy and so very long with the toasty richness.
The Coutier family can trace its history in Armonnay from 1619, but the estate was not founded until 1880. Rene Coutier runs operations these days. He manages are 22 acres of vineyards in the Grand Cru of Ambonnay, and sells about 80% of his fruit to a local cooperative. With the remaining 20% he bottles his own label champagnes. Usually Ambonnay is a Pinot Noir stronghold, but Coutier's father was the first to plant Chardonnay.