Tarlant N.V. "Zero" Brut Nature Champagne
Tarlant N.V. "Zero" Brut Nature Champagne

Tarlant N.V. "Zero" Brut Nature Champagne

$51.99

Emphasis is on terroir in this grower champagne. Sophisticated aromas of white peaches, ripe apples, brioche, and white field flowers. On the palate, beautifully balanced, crisp, earthy, lively stone and citrus fruit and brioche with a very fine mousse le

+ -
Add to cart

This wine makes up about 60% of Tarlant's production. It is 1/3 each of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier with absolutely no dosage. Composed of 60% of a base vintage with the remaining 40% from barrel-aged reserve wines. Emphasis is on terroir in this grower champagne. Sophisticated aromas of white peaches, ripe apples, brioche, and white field flowers. On the palate, beautifully balanced, crisp, earthy, lively stone and citrus fruit and brioche with a very fine mousse lead to a long, finish. Pair with shellfish, seafood, chicken dishes roasted and fried.

The dynamic brother and sister team of Melanie and Benoit Tarlant are the 12th generation of their family to run this Champagne estate. Benoit runs the winemaking operations with sister Melanie handling business and marketing. Father Jean-Marie still tends vines and supports the kids. The Tarlants do not source or sell fruit - only their grapes are used in the making of their wines.

Chardonnay (30%, Pinot Noir (50%) and Pinot Meunier (20%) are mainly grown, as well as an intriguing mix of old local varieties, e.g. Arbanne, Petit Meslier and Pinot Blanc. The soils in this area located west of Epernay are diverse - sand, clay, pebbles, crumbly chalk, hard limestone and various combinations that also, include a local clay-limestone soil called Sparnacien.

0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add to wishlist / Add to comparison

The Wine Country

  • Southern California's Favorite Destination for Fine Wine, Artisan Spirits, Craft Beer, Gourmet Foods, Wine Accessories & Gift Baskets
  • (562)-597-8303
Copyright 2020 The Wine Country
Credit Card