SUMMER COCKTAIL IDEAS FROM JEREMY
With the weather warming up I’ve been looking at cocktails to enjoy during the summer. While there are classics like Margaritas, Mojitos, Gin Fizzes and a number of Spritzes I think it’s fun to experiment with stuff in my bar and find some new cocktails to enjoy. So here are 3 cocktails for the summer that I think you’ll enjoy by the pool, in a backyard or just in your living wishing more Long Beach homes had AC.
The Yuzreau- Combining the two names to make one is in Cocktail Naming 101 classes. And sometimes the simplest solution is the best.
- .5oz lemon juice
- .5oz Chareau aloe liqueur
- .5oz Oka Yuzu liqueur
- Club soda
- Add ingredients to shaker with ice, shake and strain into glass with ice, top with club soda.
*While the Yuzreau only uses the two liqueurs, you could add an agave spirit, vodka or gin. Try different things and see what you like!
The Gentleman Pirate’s Limeade-I was a big fan of the first season of the HBO series Our flag means death. Something tells me this is the kind of cocktail Stede Bonnet would enjoy while reading a book in his library at sea.
- .25oz Liber & Co. toasted coconut syrup
- .75oz lime juice
- 1oz Brovo Spirits dry curacao
- 1.5oz Saison Caribbean pale rum
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice, shake and strain into glass with ice. Add lime to garnish.
Nymph- Because I am trying to avoid getting sued by the Coca-Cola Company I can’t call this drink Sprite but that’s what it tastes like. A Nymph is like a Sprite so there you go, can’t sue me now!