0 items
No products found...
Wish List
You need to be logged in to use this feature...
Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.
01 May 2023 | Jeremy Dugan


May’s Spirit of the Month is Libelula Joven Tequila. Besides its distinct flavor, the process in making Libelula is unique. Most Tequilas are identified as Blanco, Reposado, Anejo or Extra Anejo which tells you how long it has been aged. You usually only see the term Joven on bottles of Wild/non-Blue Webber Agave Distillates, suggesting that the distillate isn’t aged in any barrels. So why is this Tequila called Joven? Because it is a blend of both Blanco and Reposado Tequila. 80% of the distillate in a bottle of Libelula is Blanco Tequila and the other 20% is Reposado Tequila. Blending some Anejo or Extra Anejo into a Reposado to give the younger Tequila more depth and body isn’t unheard of. Even taking a Reposado or Anejo and charcoal filtering out the color is done and now has its own category; Cristalino. But taking an Agave forward Blanco and blending it with a some Reposado is a practice I haven’t heard of before.

Bold white pepper up front gives you a savory start to the spirit. Soft toasted vanilla and coca create a delicate coating mouthfeel that balances out the savory pepper flavors very well. The subtle oak spice on the finish provides some texture that aged Tequila fans will appreciate. Besides the flavor profile and the process of blending that makes Libelula stand out from other Tequilas, the price is amazing too. For under $30 a bottle like this can be your workhorse Tequila. Want something to sip on? Here you go! Need Tequila to mix into a cocktail? Just grab the bottle with the Dragon Fly on it. It’s nice to have something like this that is distinct and versatile.

Be the first to comment...
Leave a comment